Thursday 23 December 2010

Thought this was worth a mention....

So, apparently Biffy Clyro are fans of People in Planes, further confirming my suspicion that they belong to the BC/TCTC/Size/Amp/Vex camp of turn-of-the-century not-quite-prog camp that I love so. It's always nice when you find out that somebody pretty rockin' likes a band that you do too. 

Anyway, basically Simon Neil was asked to name his top five songs right now, and he came out with: 

1. People in Planes - Pretty Buildings
2. My Morning Jacket - Highly Suspicious
3. Frightened Rabbit - Set You Free
4. Oceansize - Music for a Nurse
5. Biffy Clyro - That Golden Rule

List (and reasoning) is here: http://web.orange.co.uk/p/web_musicstore/playlist_biffy_clyro

Personally, I would have gone with MMJ's cover of 'Rocket Man' and probably 'Token Trapped Woman' off the first PiP album, ...As Far As The Eye Can See, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment