Monday 11 October 2010

My In The City Itinerary

Right, so I'm volunteering at ITC this week, and after the panels are over running out to review for High Voltage. I've got a rough idea of what I want to see, and I've detailed it below, along with a short reason for seeing each band in parentheses. I've not listed venues or times, because c'mon people, if you're at one of these things you must have an event planner, right?

Wed- 
Advances in Mathematics (because post-rock is awesome, and these guys post-rock better than most rock),
Patterns (because electro-indie is so fucking boring, and these guys are well ahead of the indie rock curve),
Mazes (because 'Bowie Knives' is one of the best songs I've heard all year),
The Steals (because every band that Daniel Land touches turns to gold),
Team Ghost (if you don't know why Team Ghost are awesome, then try leaving the house occasionally),
Still Corners (because 'Endless Summer' reminds me of 'Just Like Honey' by the Jesus and Mary Chain)

Thur- 
Brown Brogues (because they have a still from Moonraker on their Myspace),
For a Minor Reflection (because post-rock that's well produced and heavy as the Deftones has to be a winner),
Flood of Red (because I feel bad about panning their first album, and suspect I might have made a bad call),
Japanese Voyeurs (because all rock coming out of Leeds is shit hot right now),
Pulled Apart by Horses (because I want tinnitus on Friday morning),
From the Kites of San Quentin (because they may well be the best band in Manchester, and I've still not seen them live)

Fri- 
Easter (because any band I can't find info about on the internet piques my curiosity),
Mojo Fury (because they are heavy),
D/R/U/G/S (because by this point I will be exhausted and drunk and this will soundtrack it perfectly),
Yuck (because I love grunge),
Dutch Uncles (because I accidentally donated £125 to the band- thanks UMSU),
Kisses (because it's like dance meets shoegaze, and I'm not going to lie to you- I am a shoegazer)

Ok, so reading that back I do sound incredibly childish, but never mind. Very fucking excited. 
Peace and elbow grease

No comments:

Post a Comment